Pages

Thursday 14 April 2011

Hi-Hat Cupcakes

This week i made some Hi Hat cupcakes, what are Hi Hat Cupcakes you ask?! Take a look....


Traditional Hi Hat cupcakes are delicious cupcakes swirled high with marshmallow and dipped in melted chocolate! One word... YUM! These were so fun and sooo messy to make!

I didn't have all the ingredients needed to marshmallow frosting so I decided to make my hi hats with a bit of a difference peanut butter frosting and strawberry frosting. I baked all my cupcakes, let them cool and topped half with peanut butter frosting (recipe here) and half with strawberry frosting. I did try to make strawberry marshmallow buttercream with melted marshmallows, but it just ended up on big sloppy mess so lets not go there!



I then melted two bars of dark chocolate and left to cool slightly. I dipped my first one into the chocolate and OH NO the frosting fell off!! :-( After salvaging the frosting from the melted chocolate I decided it would me much easier to pour on the chocolate instead.

I topped the strawberry ones with hundreds & thousands and melted some left over white chocolate candy melts to decorate the peanut butter ones.





And an inside view...


No comments:

Post a Comment