Pages

Friday 15 April 2011

Birthday Cake & Daiquiri Cupcakes

This week i got an order for a small 6" birthday cake decorated with flowers. The cake was a plain cake filled with raspberry jam and buttercream. I decorated with daisies.







I had some left over cake mix so i decided to experiment a little by adding strawberry flavouring and rum to create Strawberry Daiquiri cupcakes. 

I had enough mixture to make 12 mini's, while the cakes were baking I made some strawberry rum glaze, and brushed each cupcake with it once cooked while they were still warm.

Glaze Recipe:
75g Caster Sugar
5 tbsp Water
3-4 tbsp White rum
1 tsp Strawberry flavouring

Add sugar and water to a saucepan and bring to boil stirring continuously. Turn down heat and simmer for 5mins. Remove from heat and carefully add Rum and strawberry flavouring. Leave to cool.

I then used the left over buttercream, added strawberry flavouring and more rum and swirled onto my mini cupcakes.





TTFN 
Lynsey xx

No comments:

Post a Comment